Monday, April 07, 2003

Resigned to Procrastination

Let's face it. I'm screwed.

I have what seems like a million pages of papers due over the next week and nothing is done.

I hereby hand in my resignation. I resign. Point finale.

There's no getting me back. It's over. I'm hightailing it for the hills. I'm lighting out for the territories and Aunt Sally ain't gonna catch me.

(I'm a little overdoing it with the Huck Finn references lately. [See 4/3/2003 1:51:03 AM])

If anyone else is looking to figure out how to resign in style, check out this website for The Complete Guide to Resigning.

It even helped me draft this sample letter of resignation:

On The Fence
fence.blogspot.com
Montreal
The Internet, WWW WWW

April 8, 2003

Dear You:

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you one week's notice of my intention to leave my position as Blogger.

I wish both you and On The Fence every good fortune and I would like to thank you for having me as part of your team.

Yours sincerely,

J. Kelly Nestruck

No comments: