Thursday, May 29, 2003

Favourite Ten Albums of All Time, in ten catagories (at 3:21 am EST)

I'm not John Cusack and, heck, I haven't read any Nick Hornby novel, let alone High Fidelity, but here's a list of my ten favourite albums, inspired by Ben and Chow's kitchen wall, and the message board chat I mentioned below.
Feel free to post your own in the comments section, particularly if your name is Anders and you have just arrived home from an eight-month trek through Europe.

The Beatles - The White Album
--- Best Obvious Album

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
--- Best Jazz Album

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon/Pipers at the Gates of Dawn
--- Best Pink Floyd Album (Tie)

Radiohead - Kid A
--- Best Radiohead Album

Ben Folds - Ben Folds Live
--- Best I'm-such-a-Geek Album

Erik Truffaz - Bending New Corners
--- Best nu-jazz album

Hawksley Workman - For Him and the Girls
--- Best "Hay" Album (Heterosexual gay)

Chet Baker - The Definitive Chet Baker (or any other good compilation)
--- Best Make-Me-Cry Album

Gilbert & Sullivan - The Mikado (D'Oyly Carte) / Guys and Dolls Original Cast Recording
--- Best I'm-Embarrassed-I-Love-This-Stuff Album

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
--- Best Interior-Rhyming-Scheme Album

No comments: