Friday, July 11, 2003

Media Slut Update: I lost my cell phone; Pedro Martinez found it; Stop the Presses!

It's true.

I went down to the Skydome last night and picked the phone up. Got to meet Mr. Martinez afterwards. Terribly kind fellow.

From today's National Post:

Baseball superstar phones Post and asks for Batman (not batboy, Batman)
He said, "I'm Pedro Martinez. I replied, "Sorry -- who are you?"

Well, of course, we ran this on the front page today. I didn't really expect anyone else to pick it up, however.

But Associated Press and Canadian Press picked it up and now it's all over the place, for instance on ESPN's website.

And I did an interview with a New Hampshire radio station called The Score.

Then - thrill of all thrills - I got bashed on Frank magazine's website in the Remedial Media section. I was a little less than pleased that they linked to my high school webpage which I have been trying to delete for years, but I guess this means I've really made it, huh?

(A special hello to all you Frankies out there! You're just jealous I got to meet Martinez...)

Update

Just moments after I updated my blog, some guy going by the name of greybeard posted my post on the Frank forum. A post about a post about a post about an article in the Post? That's too damn meta for me.

Also, he refers to me as "R. Kelly Turniptruck." Huzzah! My first Frank nickname...

No comments: