Friday, September 19, 2003

Apparently...

Apparently, I have to post to the blog or they delete it. Hmmm...

Here's the skinny: while I do enjoy posting to this blog (an excellent way of keeping in touch with many at once, without mass emails), it is fairly time-consuming. And since my job is to write all day, I don't have a lot of time/energy to do so when I get home.

So, please do excuse the sporadic entries. I'll keep thinking about what to do with this space...

Links and Dinks

- What's this writing at work I'm talking about? Well, I've been hired on full-time at the National Post, as an arts reporter. (Just got my business cards yesterday!) Here is a list of recent articles by me available on the web.

- A recent personal fave: this interview with Survivor host Jeff Probst, in which he says, amongst other funny quotes, " 'The tribe has spoken,' 'fire represents life,' 'this is sacred ground' ... all that stuff -- I was aware I was going to look like an idiot. I'm not that dense."

- Well, my alma mater newspaper is back online again, after its usual summer hiatus. Check out the McGill Daily. The proverbial shit has hit the proverbial fan at McGill as of late. Mainly, student union president Naeem Datoo has been ousted. He resigned after the rest of the executive said he wasn't doing his job. We have yet to hear his side of the story. Frankly -- knowing what an incredibly hard worker/non-sleeper Naeem is, from working with him first-hand -- something's rotten in the state of Denmark.

- Also, at the McGill Daily, check out gossip column Slibel and Lander. Some of the funniest Slibel I've read in years 'n' years...

No comments: