Tuesday, November 25, 2003

New York City

In the Big Apple for a series of movie junkets for my employer. In the interest of keeping my job, I won't say anything about the absurdity of junkets or the obnoxious whores/sycophants that comprise 33% of junket journalists.
In the interest of increasing my hit count, however, I will mention the three movies I was here for, and all the stars I "interviewed". (I put it in quotation marks because for most of these it was me, the star and 30 other journalists all fighting to ask questions.) The movies: Big Fish, Something's Gotta Give and Stuck on You.
The stars: Tim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter, Jack Nicholson, Diane Keaton, Keanu Reeves, Amanda Peet, Ewan McGregor, Alison Lohman, Steve Buscemi, Danny Devito, Albert Finney, Jessica Lange, Matt Damon, Greg Kinnear, Eva Mendez, Bobby Farrelly and Cher.
Ha ha! I can feel my hit count increasing my the second. Wait! People I didn't interview include: Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and XXX.

Post-script

Post-junket now, still in New York tracking a couple of stories. No longer in the care of the Hollywood studios, I am now staying with a fine young multimedia artist who goes by the name of Vivianne Hedgehog. Check out her stuff.
Remember Boy George? Of course you do. He's still an icon and a brilliant musician, but don't expect anything Taboo from his Broadway musical. More on this later.

No comments: