Saturday, December 13, 2003

There she is... Miscellanious...

Yes, more than a week without a post. I know. But, you see, I had a lot of articles to write this week. Like this, this, this and this. Also, I've been sick. A little flu-like ailment sapped any extra strength I had.

Excuses, excuses.

Anyway, this blog entry will pull together a few disparate items of interest that I haven't had time to put up over the last week. I'll be more cohesive next time.

December 6

I wanted to write a post on this day. It's my grandmother's birthday, yes, but also, of course, the anniversary of the Montreal Massacre.
It's a bit nebulous the concept of "violence against women." Sometimes one is tempted to say, "Yes, yes. But why aren't we concentrated on just stopping violence in general?"
This article by Kristian Gravenor in the Montreal Mirror was a good slap in the face.

Google Bombs over Bagdad

If you haven't done this yet, do it: Search for "miserable failure" in Google and hit "I'm Feeling Lucky." Heck, just search for "failure".

(On a more serious note: While this joke amuses me to no end, it's a little alarming how easy it is to totally fuck up the most important search engine in the world.)

On a similar subject: What the hell? (Thanks, P.T.)

Don Boudria

I had a dream about him last night. I know. It's weird.

Poor ol' Don. We hardly knew ya.

And on the topic of our new prime minister...

Boy, Paul Martin changed the PMO website fast. I wonder if this means that he's not going to update his blog anymore?

(Do be sure to check out this "Why Am I Keeping a Blog?" page on his site.
Answer: "Good question. One that I asked my staff when they first made the suggestion to me. After all, its not like I can pretend to be the kind of guy that spends a lot of time surfing the web. To be honest, until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know what the hell a blog was - I joked that I thought it was something that might climb out of a swamp.")

Now that he's PM, will PM fly our flag, or will he just clutch it under his arm like he did yesterday?

Post-script

Clearly, the comment thingie at the end of my entries isn't working too well. It looks like there are no comments to my posts, but, as it turns out, there are. Thanks to Amy H. for pointing this out to me.
For instance, I'm pleased that Maclean's scribe Paul Wells -- or at least someone pretending to be him -- responded to my post about him below. Writes Wells, "Infomart costs MONEY, Kelly. Even now, even at today's Post, you're shielded from this sad truth.... In other news, I secretly think Colby Cosh is swell. cheers pw."

No comments: