Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane... Know when I'll be back again: Sunday

Flying out to St. John's, Newfoundland (and Labrador, sorry) tomorrow evening to speak at the Canadian University Press National Conference. I'll be presenting on a variety of topics, including Arts Journalism, Freelancing, and Blogging and Journalism. Whew!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my first trip out to the Rock (no, not that one) and welcome anyone's suggestions as to what to see and do while in the oldest city in Canada, Newfoundland's provincial capital, and a "Centre of Ocean Excellence."

Post-script

"When General Wesley Clark donned an argyle pullover in New Hampshire this month, it looked for a brief moment like he might be the latest man to have his presidential dreams unravel because of a sweater." More from me on Argylegate, from today's National Post. (Note my gratuitous quoting from Weezer's The Sweater Song.)

General Clark's sweater, for those of you keeping track, is now at USD $14,600.

No comments: