Thursday, February 12, 2004

Why God, Why?

Matt Drudge is reporting that John Kerry had an affair with an intern.

Goddamn you, Drudge. Do we have to go through this all again?

Insert "Heinz. There are no other kinds" joke here.

Post-script

Later: I should have written, "Insert lame 'Heinz: There are no other kinds' joke here."

Truth is, moments after putting the link to Drudge story up, I thought to myself, "What am I doing? I'm just helping propagate something that a) may be a lie, and b) is irrelevant." The intern/Kerry pseudostory is like the Botox rumour, but worse.

But then I rationalized the blog post away as per Timothy Noah's "Selling Sleaze: A User's Guide
Ten ways to rationalize the publication of infidelity rumors
", a quickly-turned-around piece of satire on Slate, so true that it's not actually funny.

No comments: