Saturday, April 17, 2004

Hockey in the 21st Century

With my current makeshift antenna (a piece of wire hooked onto a clothes hanger), my television will give me the picture for CBC for Montreal-Bosten Game 6, but no sound. So, I've got my computer hooked up to the Internet (I've only got dial-up at home) and tuned in to CJAD radio online feed. The computer's hooked up to my stereo and I've brought one of my stereo speakers into the living room and placed it next to the TV.

Surely, there must be an easier way to watch the hockey game...

Anyway, I have nothing else to say right now because I don't want to jinx anything. Period 3 begins now.

Update

Okay, so that didn't work at all. The CJAD sound was about 25 seconds behind the CBC picture. Radio-Canada, on the other hand, gave me both picture and sound, so I watched the last 10 minutes of period 3 in French.

I thought it was interesting that during the post-game breakdown with Saku Koivu, the announcers interviewed the Canadiens' captain in English for about four minutes and then translated and summarized what he had said afterwards. Imagine English Canadians sitting through four minutes of a CBC interview with Jose Theodore in French...

Interesting fact I learned from this interview: Sunday night's showdown will be Koivu's first Game 7 ever. First time's the charm...

No comments: