Monday, June 07, 2004

Campaign Diary, Day 16: Could this man be a future prime minister?

Well, not really. However, Ed "Sailor" White, a retired pro wrestler, is running for the Green Party in the newly-created Newfoundland riding of Bonavista - Exploits, however.

Now can we please let Green Party leader Jim Harris in on the televised debates?

Post-script

RE: the Green Party, here's an article detailing how they have been excluded from the debates. And here's Harris's guest post on the subject on BlogsCanada.

I've actually started to warm to the Green Party of late. I like the idea of a party that is post-ideology and refuses to locate itself on the out-of-date political spectrum. Here's a fun thread over at rabble.ca, where a bunch of lefties deride the Greens for lacking "an anti-capitalist class analysis." Sweet!

I won't be voting for the Greens this election, however. I saw my local candidate Mark Viitala on a television debate and I am worried that he is a narcoleptic.

No comments: