Friday, August 06, 2004

More Pepper for the ol' Soul

-- Went to see Translations by Brian Friel at the Premiere Dance Theatre last night. What an absolutely fabulous play, so brilliantly written. I had issues with the production, but not big enough to stop me from enthusiastically encouraging you to go see it. It's the most worthwhile show of the Soulpepper season so far, if not necessarily its best put on, if you know what I mean.

Scratch that. I don't even know what I mean by that.

-- Tonight, I'm going to see some sketch comedy called Better than Shakespeare at the Tim Sims Playhouse at 10 pm. They also play tomorrow at 10:30 pm.

I'm not a big fan of sketch comedy per se, nor does the press release's assertion that it "borders more on performance art than joke telling" turn my crank. But the troupe has been recommended rather enthusiastically by a couple of friends of mine, so off I go.

No comments: