Friday, October 01, 2004

The Master Debaters.

I missed the debate tonight. Yes, I was at the theeeeetah, watching Brad Fraser's latest play Cold Meat Party. (Verdict: Good!)

Anyway, I got home and I was just clicking through the blogosphere looking for a reasoned analysis of who won the presidential debate, when I suddenly realised that it was impossible to find a blog that looked at the debate in a non-partisan manner. Every right-wing blogger called it for Bush; every left-wing blogger called it for Kerry. Well that's a whole heck of a lot of help...

So, who won? Well, not to be cynical or anything, but it's not who wins, it's who spins better. And this partisan nattering on the blogs is a part of that spinning. Gentlemen, start your search engines... you've got six hours before the Eastern seaboard wakes up.

[Update, next morning] My apologies. Apparently there are some bloggers who can look beyond their partisan feelings and assess a debate. Andrew Sullivan's got a good list here, and they all seem to be leaning towards Kerry winning last night's debate.

No comments: