Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Today in Fabrics

Felt: The confirmation by the Washington Post that the FBI's second-in-command Daniel Felt was Deep Throat makes me want to jump in a time machine and read the history books of our times 100 years from now.

Fur (Comfy): What fun to read the transcripts of the Gurmant Grewal tapes and listen to the audio files! (How cool is it that they're all up there on the Grewal website?)

My favourite line so far is from Ujjal Dosanjh: "You have to be able to say 'I did not make a deal.' That’s very important. That’s why these kinds of deals are not made in that fashion."

[Note, this is what I hear -- quite clearly -- on the recording. The sloppier-than-my-hasty-personal-interview-transcripts transcript reads: "You have to be able to say that I did not make a deal. That’s very important. That’s why this kinds of deals are not made in that fashion."]

Oh, Ujjal! You totally messed up the plausible deniability thing right there. Right? Am I wrong in thinking that, at the very least, he's going to go down for this?

No comments: