Friday, November 25, 2005

Ban Folds Five.

You know, maybe Dan McTeague has a point. This fella with the albums and the biopic in the theatres has some pretty offensive lyrics:
Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds
I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down
I went right home and I went to bed I stuck that lovin' 44 beneath my head...
Shot her down because she made me sore
I thought I was her daddy but she had five more...
I can't forget the day I shot that bad bitch down...
And then, he has this other one where he shoots a man just to watch him die! In Reno, no less! Oh my god!
Oh, wait, that was Johnny Cash, not 50 Cent!

I'm sorry. That was so obvious I feel guilty even posting it.

Anyway, for fun, why not read The Globe and Mail's editorial about Fiddy today, which has some really cringeworthy moments of oldsterism. My favourite is their pronouncement on his lyrics: "Rodgers and Hart, it ain't."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a barrel full of poikilothermic water-dwelling vertebrates with gills and fire my pistol at them.

No comments: