Thursday, November 24, 2005

Vote or Die.

Hey, the 2005 Canadian Blog Awards are up and running. Last year, I silently boycotted the awards because they are run by My Blahg's Robert McClelland, a provocateur and a troll who embodies the things I like least about the blogosphere. McClelland's ridiculous and over the top hatred and taunting of the right-wing of the Canadian blogosphere robs the CBAs of any credibility as a non-partisan, friendly endeavour. The CBAs are just another way that this shameless self-promoter shamelessly self-promotes himself.

Anyway, this year I've reluctantly decided to take part. Why? Well, because I'm nominated. And if there's one thing that's stronger than my principles, it's my vanity. Plus, if I win, I can use my speech to excoriate My Blahg and urge all bloggers to engage in civil discourse. (There's a speech, right?)

So: If you have a few moments, go here and vote for On the Fence in Best Blog, Best Media Blog, and Best Blog Post. You can vote once a day.

Frankly, I don't think I have a chance in any of these categories, but it would be nice to get to the second round in one of them.

Thanks to whoever nominated me.

No comments: