Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Post of Christmas Past

It's time to get off the computer and sit by the fire, so here's a seasonally themed post from last year: My account of being a Cannon Doll during the National Ballet of Canada's production of The Nutcracker.
Back in the dressing room, I have many questions for wardrobe assistant Grant Heaps as he shows Siri and me our costumes: Did hockey star Doug Gilmour wear the same pair of clown pants I am now slipping into? And were they cleaned afterward? Really, thoroughly dry-cleaned or, preferably, soaked in bleach?

Being backstage with half-dressed ballerinas isn't quite the titillating thrill I had expected. First of all, there are about 60 children involved in James Kudelka's production. And since it's sometimes hard to tell them apart from petite, flat-chested ballerinas, it's best to play it safe and avert your eyes at all
times...
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you from Montreal...

No comments: