Thursday, January 26, 2006

Blogocracy.

Blogger Up In Ontario was working as a poll clerk in the exact same Vancouver Centre poll as blogger Sarah Marchildon. We therefore have two independent accounts of the day in a life of a single poll in the 2006 election. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this, and yet I am a little. They're everywhere, these bloggers, and I quite like it.

In other news, I never really pull my hair out over alleged low voter turnout, youth or overall, but I nonetheless was pleased to see the official turnout up to 64.9%. And that's before any duplicate names have been discovered. (I, for one, know I was registered to vote in Trinity-Spadina, but would have been marked down as having not shown up because I moved to the Davenport riding -- and, like many others, registered right at my poll on the day of the election.)

More winter elections for everyone!

No comments: