Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I, for one, welcome our Conservative overlords.

Generally speaking, I'm pleased. I was hoping for a Conservative minority with the NDP holding the balance of power. Instead, we got a Conservative mini-minority with the NDP, a former shock jock radio host, and one or two Bloc or Liberal renegades holding the balance of power.

That's much more fun!

Oh, and I am super pleased to have come in third in James Bow's Federal Election Pool. (I would have tied for first if I had remembered to put in my early prediction on time.)

Some Tuesday-morning quarterback questions:

- How do Canadians keep electing these freakin' close minority governments? Jokers.
- Will Harper be a Diefenbaker or a Clark?
- Does Michael Ignatieff actually do his own laundry and vacuuming?
- Is Jack going to shave his 'stache? The trimming conditions have been met...
- Why did Paul Martin wait until his resignation speech to show Canada his decent, good-guy side?

And one word of advice to Prime Minister Designate Harper: Keep wearing your glasses. You look kindly in glasses.

No comments: