Thursday, January 19, 2006

A note of explanation. Un peu d'explication.

Late last year, I told my friend Valérie Bélair-Gagnon that one of my new year's resolutions was to work on my French. She suggested that I start writing one blog entry a week in French, and I decided that would be an excellent idea.

Then, I didn't do it. But VBG, who has been valiantly blogging in both official languages -- her own and English -- on Verstehen for a year and a half now, did not forget my pledge. And she has called me on it.

Alors, chers lecteurs, chères lectrices, l'année commence maintenant. Une fois par semaine je vais essayer d'écrire un "post" en français. Pour le(s) francophone(s) et les francophiles qui lisent cette blogue, je vous invite de me corriger dans les commentaires. Vous êtes mon Bescherelle.

And for my unilingual anglophone readers, I hope you will excuse me this professional development exercise. I will try to post a translation of my weekly French post when I have the time to do so.

Allons-y! Ici, heureusement, c'est le blogue!

No comments: