Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sick Degrees of Separation.

While my computer was down, the one topic that I was dying to blog about was the uproar over the news that Michel Tremblay and Robert Lepage has kinda, sorta, not really renounced separatism. Politics and playwrights: What could be more exciting to a feller like me?

As it happened, I was in Montreal last weekend for Easter and a belated birthday celebration with my family. So, while there, I went to see the latest plays by the two biggest figures in Quebec theatre -- Lepage's Le Projet Andersen at Théâtre du Nouveau Monde and Tremblay's Bonbons Assortis at Théâtre du Rideau Vert -- and asked, only half-seriously, "Do these works reveal anything about their creators' newfound sympathy towards federalism?" My answer is here (no sub. necessary).

No comments: