Saturday, May 06, 2006

I don't know how to buy tickets to rock concerts in advance.

It's true. I don't know how. When I do go to a rock concert, it is usually because:
a) A friend has an extra ticket and says, "Wanna come?"; or
b) A friend asks me ahead of time, "Hey, I'm going to get tickets for the TKTK concert. You want me to get you one?"; or
c) The rock band is small enough that I can pick up tickets at the door.

The first time I saw Radiohead, it was via option B. The second time I went through the fan club, but I didn't like the seats that much, so this time I decided to buy tickets the old fashioned way.

So I got up this morning, went to Ticketmaster.ca promptly at 10 a.m., and attempted to purchase two tickets to Radiohead. Did I get any? No. The two concerts sold out in an insanely short period of time.

I failed. I failed miserably. And so now I turn to my friends who read my blog: Any of you in Montreal or Toronto got an extra ticket and would like company?

No comments: