Friday, July 21, 2006

CBC Arts Lede Watch, Part I.

Love the opening to this article, President Bush invites Idol contestants to White House:
In a move reminiscent of life mimicking art, U.S. President George W. Bush has invited the top 10 finalists of the hit show American Idol to the White House.
What a strange sentence. But who am I to judge? I opened an article about The One with the word "Bomboulopoulos" earlier this week...

By the way, how exactly is this Idol invitation reminiscent of life mimicking art? Well:
The event has parallels to the story line from the movie American Dreamz starring Hugh Grant, Mandy Moore and Dennis Quaid. The movie, which had a brief run this year, featured Quaid as an American president who is persuaded to host an Idol-type show to boost his sagging popularity.
Yeah! Actually, I take back my mockery of the unnamed writer's lede. This isn't a case of life imitating art. It is only reminiscent of life mimicking "art"...

In other news, someone has started a blog dedicated entirely to Expo 67 nostalgia. My thoughts on excessive Expo 67 nostalgia are eloquently expressed by my choice of photo for my MySpace page...

Yes. Yes, I do have a MySpace account. AND last night, I downloaded my first ever ringtone: Crimson and Clover. I feel so mellow now whenever my phone rings, which is exactly the opposite of how I used to feel.

I am the coolest.

No comments: