Tuesday, August 15, 2006

J. Kelly Nestruck Presents...

Roger Toupin: épicier variété, Benoît Pilon's 2003 documentary about the last days of a dépanneur in the Plateau Mont-Royal.

Location: NFB Cinema, 150 John Street
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Time: 7:00pm
Admission Price: Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television and National Film Board members FREE, Adults $5.

The ACCT asked me to present a film as part of the Academy Critic’s Choice Screening Series. I chose this doc because, with the exception of a single screening in Edmonton, as far as I can tell it has never been shown in Canada outside of Quebec... I blogged about it back in December of '03.

So: if you're not doing anything tonight and are in Toronto, come on down to the NFB -- $5 for a good doc about changes (in one person's life, a neighbourhood, a city, a province and a world) that is rarely screened. And you get to hear me yammer on a bit.

And, yes! Acquaman is down! The Bob Rae endorsement was a surprise! But I just got back from Las Vegas and will have to blog about it once I regain my bearings...

No comments: