Saturday, October 21, 2006

Easy Like a Bad Day.

Okay, I'm trying to put my finger on it, but why do I always think of Lionel Ritchie and the Commodores' Easy (Like Sunday Morning) when I hear Daniel Powter's Bad Day? I guess it's the similar piano openings...

Anyway, now a message for the kids: Remember to double check all information you read on Wikipedia before you include it in a paper. Something tells me that this little tidbit from Powter's Wiki entry is likely untrue: "In the late 90's Daniel Powter worked with the Canadian Mounted Police aka The Mounties in Québec to fight of an attack of wild grizzly bears who were a threat to the traditional Canadian way of life."

3 comments:

Matt said...

She also beat him with a goat's leg whenever he wet the bed.

This is hilarious. I need to use this in my "how not to research an essay" lecture!

J. Kelly said...

Ha! Somehow I missed that part of the bio... That's even better.

J. Kelly said...

Sadly, the self-correcting power of Wikipedia has removed these boasts from Powter's entry already. It must've been one of you On the Fence readers!
Interestingly enough, the person who vandalized Powter's entry on Oct. 15 also decided that it would be a good idea to vandalize the entries for Lee Evans, Aileen Wournos, and Big Brothers 5 and 6.