Friday, October 20, 2006

Ist Shift.

Some of you may recall those halcyon days when I used to post over at Torontoist, the Gothamist offshoot founded by my friends Sarah Lazarovic and Josh Errett. Well, it conflicted a bit with my day job and this here blog and I just didn't have the time, so I move on while remaining an avid reader...

Now, unemployed in London, I got nothing but time! And so I have begun to contribute to Londonist, the British branch of the ist-iverse.

To wit: My brief recounting of a two-parts fun, one-part embarrassing evening at BAFTA celebrating Canadian short films. You can take the boy out of Canada, but you can't take the Canadian Heritage Minutes out of the boy.

POST-SCRIPT: Does anyone object to me putting Blogger comments on? I'll put Haloscan comments back on if so...

6 comments:

David said...

The frustrating thing about blogger comments is that they open in the same frame/window as the post. I personally prefer pop-up comment boxes, which allow me to refer back to the post on which I'm commenting.

And yes, I suppose I could right-click the comments link, but c'mon - I'm a lazy man! I have things not to do!

David said...

Oh. Wait. There's a little button you can push to "show original post." So I take it all back.

Now my only grievance with blogger comments is that my display name is "david," but that's entirely my fault.

Matthew said...

I have no problem with blogger comments. And David, you can always click the "show original post" link on the uppper left of the comments screen to see the post in question directly next to the commenting window.

Why the rejection of HaloScan? Just wondering because I made the same move on my blog a while ago.

Matthew said...

Is "David" Mader? I suspected it was but didn't want to assume. I clicked to access your profile but it isn't publically available.

J. Kelly said...

Basically my reason for changing is cuz I switched to Blogger Beta and I'm too lazy to stick the Haloscan code back in...
I don't like that I can't find out what blog someone's from by running my mouse over the name anymore... Might buckle down and go back to Haloscan...

Declan said...

I use blogger comments, but that's mainly cause I don't like my comments disappearing after a while, which used to be the way haloscan worked (not sure if it still does that).