Saturday, December 02, 2006

Go Dion, go!

Thank you, Gerard Kennedy! Eeg... it's going to be close.

You've probably figured out by now that I'm rooting for Stéphane Dion. In truth, I have never felt so positive about a politician in my life. I had a brief crush on Howard Dean back in the day. And I have a little enduring one on Judy Wasylycia-Leis. And for a period of a week, after he went to the hospital with an asthma attack, I secretly swooned about Stephen Harper.

But Dion... He might seriously be the guy who could make this cynical youngster get off the fence and believe in politics for once. I was so glad when Martha Hall-Findlay endorsed him, because those two both have the same spirit.

I dig Dion's three pillars: economic prosperity, social justice and environmental sustainability. I also know that he will stand up for Canadian unity -- not nationalism -- in a way that is based on rationalism, rather than emotionalism.

(By the way, did you know Dion's youth team is handing out condoms -- "For your third pillar" -- at the conference?)

I'm holding my breath.

4 comments:

Matt said...

I'll second that general sentiment. I could see voting Liberal again under Dion.

J. Kelly said...

I think I might vote Liberal for the first time in my life.

Aida said...

I had been harbouring secret feelings for Dion for the past few weeks and then they all came out last night. At first I thought he was a little awkward in English, (the first time he said pillar I thought he said pier), but then somehow he sold it. I actually believe him when he talks about the environment. I'm crushing too.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you abandoned the Acquaman for this guy. Hypocrisy, thy name is Nestruck.