Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas and all that!

I'm writing from Paris, a lovely little town that is full of lights and love, but not Internet cafes. Thanks for popping by the ol' blog over the past year... I'm going to go on hiatus until 2007, because the Cybercafes are ridiculously expensive and I am only tenuously employed.

Let me tell you one thing, though, before I go back to revelling: Peter Brook is a bit of a jerk. I mean, sure, he's directed countless wonderful productions around the world, but if you go up to him after a show in Paris and say hello, he will reply, "Je ne parle pas anglais." This will confuse you and you will wonder if he is perhaps the janitor, but then you will see his picture on the cover of a book and be all, "What the -- That was Peter Brook!" Then, you will see him a few minutes later on the street outside his Théàtre des Bouffes du Nord and be all, "Bon soir!" And he'll totally ignore you and your friend who has read The Empty Space half a dozen times.

Bof!

But back to the Christmas spirit: Here's my Toronto Star interview with Stephen Merchant, co-creator of The Office and co-host of the funny Ricky Gervais Show podcasts. Have a happy Christmas or Chinese dinner or whatever it is you do and see you in the new year!

1 comment:

Christine Estima said...

merriest of non-denominational holidays to you:)