Friday, December 15, 2006

The Neon Bible.

This, apparently, is the title of the upcoming Arcade Fire album. We are excited and may need an Intervention. (Who's got tickets to the second night of the band's comeback concerts in London in January? I do, I do!)

What does the title mean? That the Arcade Fire is embracing its status as a cult and this will be their seminal text outlining their commandments and who begat who?

A possibility. I do wonder if it is a reference to The Neon Bible, one of the two books by John Kennedy Toole, the one that isn't A Confederacy of Dunces. Though Toole was a famous New Orleansian (?), there is a Montreal connection to Neon Bible; Terrence Davies' movie adaptation of the book starred Montrealer Jacob Tierney in the main role... Not the best movie or, I hear, the best book, but hopefully the album will be better.

3 comments:

jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anders said...

Curse you Nestruck! The Arcade Fire are playing FIVE nights in a row HALF A BLOCK away from my apartment, right on quiet little Hutchison, and I couldn't get tickets to ANY night even though I was on the admission website and calling the phone line from before they even went on sale (they sold out in 3 minutes). So... frustrating...

wkh said...

http://wendykh.livejournal.com/201905.html?#cutid1