Friday, December 01, 2006

Vote Dryden: Is he part of the cure or part of the disease? Could it be worse?

Dear Ken Dryden,

We all like Coldplay, but how exactly are these lyrics going to inspire anyone to vote for you:
Lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
You've put me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead (singing)
Come out of things unsaid, shoot an apple of my head (and a)
Trouble that can't be named, tigers waiting to be tamed (singing)
You are, you are

Confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks (gonna)
Come back and take you home, I could not stop, that you now know (singing)
Come out upon my seas, curse missed opportunities (am I)
A part of the cure, or am I part of the disease (singing)
What's funny is that Dryden followed Clocks with a Coldplay song called Fix Me. The lyrics are even worse:
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
I kind of wish Dryden would win, really, just because he'd be the weirdest Liberal leader since William Lyon Enjoys-Talking-to-His-Deceased-Dog King. Oh yeah, oh yeah, what a great goalie and that child-care thing woulda been nice, but really...

On the subject of campaign songs, my buddy Marci notes:
And Iggy... well, here's a funny one. Iggy chose Goo Goo Dolls "Better Days", but seems to have re-written some of the lyrics and translated some of it into French.

The funny part?

The same song was the theme to this fall's ABC drama 6 Degrees. Remember it? That's because it crashed and burned after about 6 episodes. If that many.
Yeah, it's totally going to be Rae. I'm mean, I'm crossing my fingers for Dion, but I'm not overly optimistic.

No comments: