Friday, February 02, 2007

Ready, Aim... Arcade Fire.

Yes, despite my ticket misadventures, I made it to the Arcade Fire concert on Monday at St. John's Church -- the first of the Neon Bible pre-release gigs (not counting the secret Montreal gig or the Canterbury caf one in Ottawa), the one where they finished things off by playing an encore outside, the one Sasha Frere Jones flew across the ocean to see... It was truly a magical concert. The kids won me over with that final stunt. I don't think I've ever felt so much love at a gig before.

I'd tell you more, but I've already told Maclean's -- and my article is in the issue on newsstands now. Don't wait for your dentist appointment in July: Pick one up today.

Speaking of the Canadian media's Mac-daddy, they's got a new music blog featuring a bunch of writers who actually know about music: Messieurs Wherry, Radwanki and Wells, plus one mysterious Madame Izenberg, who I know nothing about.

No comments: