Thursday, July 26, 2007

Music Weekly: spotlight on Canada


Canadian music
Originally uploaded by uncascrooge
Music Weekly: spotlight on Canada

Hey - my colleagues Paul MacInnes and Rosie Swash invited me on their Guardian Unlimited Music Weekly podcast this week. Why? Well, it's a Canadian special and they wanted a real-life Canadian in the pod with them. I help review this week's singles, use the word "Chimo" and briefly and ineptly discuss the fluid nature of Canadian nationality. Overall though, I seem to get through it without making a complete fool of myself, so I'm considering this, my first podcast experience, a success.

But, of course, the show is not about me. Rather it's about interviews with Feist, Emily Haines and Chromeo and discussion about Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Michael Buble and Patrick Watson. And Fergie.

You can get it right here. If you want to take a listen, may I suggest you subscribe through iTunes rather than just grab the mp3? Then, we'll climb up the charts...

No comments: