Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In which I write about hip-hop.

Yes, I wrote about Kanye West and 50 Cent's rap battle - the one West seems to be winning - over at the ol' Guardian site today. I'm pleased to say I think I'm the only one who has managed to work a reference to Tim Rice into it...

I'd like to use this non-impartial pulpit to tell you that I am rooting for Fiddy, to be honest. I love Ayo Technology. Its title has entered my daily speech:

"The server's going down in half an hour, everybody."

"Ayo Technology!"

Or:

"I think my mobile [translation for Canadians: cell phone] is ... reception... breaking..."

"Ayo Technology!"

Even:

"Oh-oh! I think the condom broke..."

"Ayo Technology!

See how useful it is? Has Kanye written anything that matches the zeitgeistical brilliance of that line?

If you'll excuse me...

"Let's get it poppin', shortly we can switch positions/

From the couch to the counters in my kitchen."

Ayo!

No comments: