Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It's all about meme, meme, meme.

As PW has tagged me, I must now share six non-important things/habits/quirks about myself:

1. I know how to ride a unicycle, though I haven't got up on the wheel in a couple of years. Apparently this ability is not that quirky anymore. I note that bike shops are now filled of these trick unicyles that I occasionally see kids riding up and down picnic tables in the park. My unicycle was once actually ridden by a clown in a circus in Cold War Russia, however, so it's much cooler.

2. Procrastinating at university often took the form of writing letters to the editor of The Globe and Mail. Here is one I particularly wish would vanish from their online search.

3. I have Irish citizenship through my grandmother. "Oh, you're one of those," they often said to me in England.

4. As I walk down the street, I often try to step on an equal number of cracks with my left and right feet. Occasionally, I break it down further, so that I step on the same number of cracks with my toes, ball, arch and heel of each foot. Naturally, I find snow-covered sidewalks much more relaxing to travel along.

5. For the first couple of years of my life, I was apparently known as JK.

6. I have a pretty good collection of Uncle Scrooge comic books (and ties, an homage to Nick Auf Der Maur) and will happily try to convince you that Carl Barks was one of the most influential writers of the 20th century.

I hereby tag Alison Broverman.

1 comment:

MK said...

Not related to your meme but I thought I'd mention that you really should catch the touring company of Drowsy. I've just posted my thoughts on it in my blog. You should come by - there's a surprise.