Friday, March 28, 2008

Legends of The Fall.

Much as I wanted to like a play that involves both heroin smuggling and the creation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, I could only give The Fall 2/4 stars in today's Globe: "Indeed, in order to fully immerse yourself in The Fall, you have to not only suspend your disbelief, but fire it and getting a restraining order."

On the other hand: One of Ouzounian's generous replacements gives it 3/4 stars, The Sun's John Coulbourn gives it a whopping 4/5 stars, and Eye Weekly's Christopher Hoile metes out a mere 2/5 stars. This one's a divider, not a uniter.

UPDATE: Cushman liked it. Nice to see us not all Fall into line here...

In other news, Alison has tagged me in this Three Things I Learned the Hard Way meme. I guess it's revenge for tagging her the other day. OK, so:

1. It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into. (Jonathan Swift)
2. You can't actually live life on the fence. (That's why I changed the title of the blog to Off the Fence a year ago, much to the confusion of everyone, sorry.)
3. Don't eat the horse tartar. DO NOT EAT THE HORSE TARTAR.

No comments: