Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Jian Ghomeshi on Stratford Festival.

This is what the discussion really needed: less oh-so-clev refences to Julius Caesar, and more references to Hall & Oates.

In other news, having grown accustomed to waking up to Radio 4 in the UK, I was dreading returning to CBC Radio 1 and having my slumber broken by that terribly unfunny deep-voiced man who introduces The Current and then later on enduring the blather that is Sounds Like Canada. But now I get up earlier and am really enjoying Andy Barrie in the morn, Jian's Q in the afternoon when I hear it, and last night I was listening to As It Happens and I almost weeped as I remembered what a first-class program that is. (The Globe and Mail's Graeme Smith was on last night talking about Afghanistan and his incredible Talking to the Taliban series.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. The guy on "The Current". Your Daily Dose of Incredibly Unfunny and Pointless.

Anonymous said...

Jesus wept!

Anonymous said...

But you complained about Radio 4 every day! You're rewriting history!