Sunday, May 11, 2008

Well, hello there Mr. Wolf.

I recently shipped a box of books from London to Toronto. It was tied up at the border for two weeks. One of the books was called Moby-Dick. Normal border procedure or...

The chilling effect of Bill C-10?

The other day I went to my local video shop to rent a DVD. They didn't have a single copy of The Sweet Hereafter. Understocked store or...

The chilling effect of Bill C-10?

Driving down the 401 at 125 km/h recently, I was pulled over by the police and issued a ticket. I was listening to a Tegan and Sara CD at the time. A Tegan and Sara song featured in a 2005 episode of Grey's Anatomy that guest-starred actor Callum Blue. Callum Blue appears in the upcoming Canadian movie Young People Fucking. Coincidence or...

The chilling effect of Bill C-10?

The point is that we don't know.

6 comments:

Anders said...

When I first read that article I was so frigging annoyed because in an attempt to make a cheap arguement against a genuinely awful bill, Smith and Tierney only succeeded in weakening the strength of the more legitimate arguements out there against C-10 by crying wolf. So counter-productive! Arrrgh!

J. Kelly said...

Yes, I agree entirely! I'd just like to echo that C-10 is a terrible bill, not just bad in idea but in design. I'm hopeful it will be defeated.

J. Kelly said...

For those who are confused, you have to follow the last link in the blog post...

Anonymous said...

I hope C-10 dies a hard death. But if it doesn't, we true artists will prevail. Look at US cinema under the Hays Code. The smart scribes still found ways of transgressing. We love a challenge!

Christine Estima said...

hahah, hilarious blog entry. i can just hear the "dun dun DUUUUNNNN" sound at the end...hehe:)

Pidd said...

EH?