Sunday, August 31, 2008

Frank McKenna: Man of the Future!

From McKenna's foreword to the Canadian Internet Handbook, 1995 edition, now in my recycling bin:
To celebrate the launching of the New Brunswick task force on the information highway, I was asked to send an e-mail message over the Internet to federal Industry Minister John Manley. I learned to type in high school, but was quite unfamiliar with the functioning of electronic mail, or for that matter with many of the other features of the info-highway. It was, however, clear in my mind that to increase the use of info-highway technology in business and government I had to send a strong message.

I had to show New Brunswickers that I was personally committed to taming the new technology. The event went extremely well and my message was successfully sent to Mr. Manley. And the gamble is still paying dividends.

No comments: